This is a visa issued to Diplomatic, Official and Service passport holders coming into the country on official duties, or transiting through Kenya to a third country for official business or duties. It is issued free of charge/ gratis.
Requirements and all you need to Know
Below are the requirements and fees for a Courtesy visa.
During the application process you will be required to attach the following documents. The file formats that may be attached are: PDF, JPG or Microsoft word.
1. Clear Passport bio data page.
2. A clear photograph.
Before you travel ensure that you are in possession of the following.
1. Valid travel document not less than six months.
2. Must be a holder of a service, official and diplomatic passport
3. Must hold an official letter from the country of origin/ organization/ foreign affairs.
4. At least One Blank page in the holders passport.
5. Spouses and children accompanying Diplomatic, Service or Official passport holders on duty, but travelling on ordinary passports do not qualify for courtesy visa whether on transit, business or holiday.
6. An onward ticket or a boarding pas for passangers on transit.
7. In cases of applicants who fall under category 3 of the Visa regime / Regulations, the Kenyan visa regulations must apply whether on transit or official business.
Consider the following while taking a photo for evisa.
1. DO NOT take photograph of or scan the photo in your passport.
2. Must be taken within the past 6 months, showing your current appearance.
3. Must be in color.
4. Must show your full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
5. Must be taken in normal street attire. Uniforms should NOT BE worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
6. Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
7. If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
8. Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.Photo guidelines
Get your account Now!
A single account for all Government to visitor services.Create an account